voodoo chile ventures

rhyming and repetition...my mental stitching. ramble on.

Friday, April 24, 2009

the sinking in
of mortality reality is
colder than the chill of wet skin
breaking the wind
the idle simplicities
of Being raise
the stark absence
of the one who always
looked out for me
(i could not lie to you
or hide from you
i always told you the truth)
and now i've got no one
to run to
my sisters keep me strong
but the hole is wider
than a week
my remaining lifetime
without
she's gone
the seams have been
ripped apart
and nothing fits
this body at 26
all the times
so unseemingly apparent
the void hangs heavy
in the hearts of need
and dependency
no answers
only questions
and bleak wondering
an abandoned home
no place to feel safe
or comfort in change

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Duck said...

so sad yet so strangly beautiful, my dear friend

5/20/09, 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home