voodoo chile ventures

rhyming and repetition...my mental stitching. ramble on.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

shut

as sneaking as
the rainstorm overhead
and
evermore penetrating
my soul
is the sound of a
closing door
on the bottom floor
click.
shut. done.
so brutally absolute
the audible utterance
of a truth
(i can't see through)
and i wasn't even
thinking about her
this is how
coping goes
moving me with a sound
showing me where it all ended
(or begins)
the sole witness
surviving the ever after
with vultures on
my back
forcing myself
to believe
there's a
black haired angel
smiling on me

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Duck said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/22/09, 4:32 PM  
Blogger Lucky Duck said...

"in the arms of an angel,
may you find some comfort here..."

6/22/09, 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home